Best Chicken Salad Recipe
Most chicken salad recipes contain loads of mayonnaise or dairy products, but not this one. A simple can of coconut milk makes this salad deliciously creamy while roasted chiles, fresh cilantro, sweet fruit and crunchy pecans really bring the flavor. Serve on large butter lettuce leaves.Makes: 8 Servings
Here's what you need... For the Creamy Coconut Dressing:
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- lemon zest (all you can get from one small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- dash pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 4oz can mild chopped green chiles
- 1 lb roasted chicken, chopped
- For the Creamy Coconut Dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk well and then set in the fridge to chill while you prepare the salad.
- For the Salad: Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the creamy coconut dressing and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with large lettuce leaves and Dijon mustard.
Nutritional Analysis: 286 calories, 20g fat, 80mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 19g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
The Corio Method is a unique, fearlessly fun and effective fitness method and training system that creates a stronger, fitter, leaner and more agile, beautifully balanced physique. Apply now for a complimentary Corio Kickstart Session with our coaches, available globally (value $250) and take the first step towards a new you.