Brussels Sprout and Cabbage Salad
This delicious cabbage and Brussels sprout salad with celery is a complete winner. Brussels sprouts and cabbages are Cruciferous vegetables and have tons of nutritional benefits.
Top Tip: Make the Brussels sprouts pretty thin; it's difficult to chew through a whole Brussels sprout.
If you want to make this an even more fat-loss friendly meal, be sure to watch your portion sizes with additional walnuts or omit them.
There's no need to make homemade mayonnaise like this recipe suggests--you can simply use a sugar-free store-bought mayonnaise if time is tight.
Brussels Sprout and Cabbage Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved;
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded;
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced;
- 1 to 2 celery stalks, finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice;
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar;
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl, toss in the Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, apple, celery, and walnuts.
- Pour the dressing on top and stir gently until everything is well combined.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Recipe and Photo Source: PaleoLeap (http://paleoleap.com/brussels-sprout-cabbage-salad/)
The Corio Method is a unique, fearlessly fun and effective fitness method and training system that creates a stronger, fitter, leaner and more agile, beautifully balanced physique. Apply now for a complimentary Corio Kickstart Session with our coaches, available globally (value $250) and take the first step towards a new you.